Now that more and more people are inclined towards having a pool and spending quality time with their loved ones, the demand for pool cleaners is also increasing. If you are looking forward to becoming one, then this guide will help you know how to become a pool cleaner. Should that interest you, keep reading to know about this in detail.
- Talking about education, it is usually preferred that a pool cleaner has a graduation degree at least. In most of the cases, companies don’t usually ask if the candidate has a master’s degree or not. But yes, a high school degree is bare minimum and a graduate degree is given preference to. In some cases, additional degrees / courses in the relevant field might also help.
- Skills is one of the most important aspects for any job. Same is the case of a pool cleaner. Some skills are given utmost importance to. There are jobs available for each of these skills. They are –
- pH: Here, the main job is to check the pH of the pool water and do whatever is required to achieve the desired level. Here, chemicals are added to maintain the right pH balance and chlorine in the water. This skill thus requires good understanding of what’s the desired range of pH and how to maintain it.
- Cleaning the pool area: This is one of those skills that’s highly in demand. Reason being almost each and every aspect of cleaning the pool area is accounted here. the person needs to clean the pool area and organize it for the people, vacuum the rugs and the carpeted areas, power wash the pool deck, sanitize the area, etc.
- Customer service: Needless to say, the prime objective here is to deliver the best customer service possible. You’ll have to assist the needs of your customers thereby ensuring a sound relationship with them.
- Routine maintenance: Since the fast paced life has kept all of us with least amount of time to spare for other activities, pool owners opt for routine maintenance from experts only. As an expert in this field, you’ll have to deal with tasks like vacuum, brushing, netting, cleaning filters, skimmers and the skimmer basket, mechanical repairs, etc.
There are a lot of companies that keep hiring pool cleaners as the demand for them is rising rapidly. You need to apply here and if your resume gets shortlisted, you’ll be called for the interview. Depending on the skills you possess, you’ll get a suitable job role.
Also, if you possess the right knowledge and skills, you need not work for someone else. Put all the knowledge you have to use and build a company of your own – a company that caters to cleaning pools. Nowadays, a lot of people are inclined towards this option as well. You can choose whichever option you think is right for you.