Having a pool, without a doubt, adds to the beauty of the house. Not only is the entire look of the house transformed but you get to relax and spend quality time with your loved ones as well. And if you wanted to enjoy all of this but the very thought of its maintenance makes you think twice, then you’re at the right place. With the right pool cleaner, you no longer have to deal with the strenuous task of maintaining your pool. With that being said, can there be a better option than considering Polaris pool cleaners for the same?
Known for delivering consistent performance for the past 40 years, Polaris surely has carved a niche for itself. All the Polaris pool cleaners are known to cater to the users’ needs by delivering exceptional cleaning performance. Your pool will require the least amount of maintenance with these pool cleaners. If you’ve wondering which Polaris pool cleaner to opt for, then keep reading to know about 5 pool cleaners that have their own set of unique features. After having learning about them in detail, pick the one that best fits in your requirement list.
POLARIS VAC-SWEEP 280 PRESSURE SIDE POOL CLEANER
This is one of those pool cleaners that makes into the list of most sought after pool cleaners. This is all the more a strong reason to have a look at its features and what makes it different from the rest.
- DESIGN: This pool cleaner, without a doubt leaves a great impression on the users when it comes to the design and build quality. The cleaner is compact and rugged, thus assuring maximum performance. Additionally, this is extremely lightweight. Weighing just a little over 6 pounds, this cleaner makes it very convenient while storing and transporting from one place to another.
- OPERATION: In order to operate Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner, you’ll require a booster pump which is available separately. It connects to a dedicated pressure line and does its job just the perfect way.
- CLEANING PERFORMANCE: Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner claims to clean your pool in 3 hours or less depending on the size of your pool. This pool cleaner is powered by double jets that ultimately aid in much greater vacuum power and hence faster cleaning performance. Also, this cleaner is equipped with an in-line back-up valve that automatically frees itself on getting stuck at tight corners, thereby ensuring continuous cleaning.
- CLEANING COVERAGE: This pressure side pool cleaner is designed in a manner that its three wheel design allows it to weep, scrub, and vacuum the bottom as well as the walls of the pool.
- FILTRATION: The filtration system is something that is given wide importance to, without a doubt. The main reason of buying a pool cleaner is to obtain a sparkling clean pool. This is why the filtration capabilities of a pool cleaner cannot go unnoticed. This pool cleaner aims at increasing the life of the filtration system. Wondering how? Well, the filter bag is such that it captures all the dirt, leaves, pebbles etc. of the pool before all of this passes to the filter pump or basket. This means that the filter will not have to do much work, thus assuring the user of longer life. Another point worth a mention is that the inlet of the bag is wide enough to capture all the debris efficiently.
- POOL TYPE: The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner is an in-ground pool cleaner that’s suitable for pools of all types, shapes and sizes. You need not worry anymore as far as the type of pool is concerned. Be it Gunite, Fiberglass, tile, or any pool type for that matter – this pool cleaner has goy you covered.
POLARIS VAC-SWEEP 360 PRESSURE SIDE POOL CLEANER
This is an improved version of Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner. Read on to know how.
- OPERATION: What can get better than the ability of operating the cleaner without having to deal with booster pumps and hoses? This is exactly what this vacuum based pool cleaner has to offer to its users. No longer dealing with the mess and cribbing about the same. This not only implies that you are going to save a lot on the money but also investing in a cleaner that is extremely energy efficient. With that being said, Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 pressure side pool cleaner requires a dedicated pressure line to operate. Also, since the 280 model requires a booster pump to operate, this 360 model surely has an edge over the former as it doesn’t require any booster pump.
- CLEANING PERFORMANCE: With Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 pressure side pool cleaner, the user can stay assured that the end result would be great. This is because the cleaner comes with an advanced cleaning technology which is powered by triple jets unlike the 280 model which is powered by 2 jets.
- CLEANING COVERAGE: This pool cleaner scrubs the bottom and walls of the pool as efficiently as possible. Also, another remarkable feature of this pool cleaner is that it comes with an in-line back-up valve. This feature allows the cleaner to do its job without being interrupted. This back-up valve serves as a saviour especially when the cleaner gets cornered while cleaning.
- FILTRATION: This Polaris cleaner boasts of a large inlet which is about 2.25 inches that’s capable of capturing all the leaves, debris, pebbles very effectively. Also, the dual venturi jet vacuum implies an even more powerful intake. The Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 pressure side pool cleaner comes with a single chamber filter bag that does the job of collecting all the leaves, acorns, pebbles, etc. from the pool. This filter bag is unique in its own way. This is because it captures all the dirt and debris before it makes its way to the filter or pump basket, thus promising an increased life of the filtration system.
- POOL TYPE: This pool cleaner is suitable for all types of in-ground pools. Any size and shape of pool can be dealt with using this cleaner. So, even if your pool is Fiberglass, tile, plaster, or any type for that matter, this Polaris pool cleaner will vacuum and sweep away the debris in the best possible way.
- DESIGN: Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 pressure side pool cleaner boasts of a three jetted design that makes the mobility smoother and easy. The unique three-wheel tracked design paves the way for better cleaning coverage. Also, this pool cleaner weighs just about 14 pounds, making it one of the most lightweight cleaners. With this, storing and carrying from one place to another do not pose as an issue.
POLARIS VAC-SWEEP 3900 SPORT PRESSURE SIDE POOL CLEANER
If looking for a pool cleaner that’s loaded with features and offers the best vacuum power and a legendary performance, then this pool cleaner should surely make into your list. Have a look at what this cleaner has in store for you.
- DESIGN: The look is dynamic and with an all new re-engineered body design, you surely will be astonished with the same. You’ll have absolutely nothing to complain as this cleaner is equipped with an all-wheel PosiDrive system. In addition to this, the drive chain is made of durable stainless steel that delivers 50 percent more torque. A combination of all this paves the way for maximum speed and performance.
- OPERATION: Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport pressure side pool cleaner requires a booster pump to operate. On being connected to the same, the results obtained are truly unmatched and beyond imagination. With PB4-60 booster, you can expect stunning performance, without a doubt.
- CLEANING PERFORMANCE: This pressure side pool cleaner boasts of a dual-chamber zippered SuperBag. With this, all the dirt and debris is trapped with utmost precision, leaving your pool sparkling clean. Also, the capacity of the filter bag is so large (5 litres) that you do not have to worry about cleaning the bag every now and then. Thus, cleaning is made easy and less frequent with this feature. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport pressure side pool cleaner is equipped with auto-reverse technology. This ensures that the cleaner frees itself on getting stuck in certain tough areas of your pool. Also, the cleaner’s filtration system is such that it circulates 40 gallons per minute water through the filter bag.
Another feature that’s totally worth a mention is that this cleaner comes with TailSweep PRO which is an advanced sweep hose enhancement. This feature makes it even easier for the cleaner to collect the debris from those tough corners. Well, not just that. There’s more to it. The sweeping is excellent, so is the cleaning performance and all of this is achieved without wetting the walkways. What more can you ask for?
- POOL TYPE: This pressure side pool cleaner works for all in-ground pools.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport pressure side pool cleaner comes with a 31 feet long cable. Also, the cleaner weighs just about 10 pounds thereby not posing any problem as far as storing it and carrying it from place to another is concerned. A three-jetted design makes this cleaner even more powerful and robust.
POLARIS VAC-SWEEP 380 PRESSURE SIDE POOL CLEANER
This is yet another pressure-side pool cleaner from Polaris that delivers a legendary cleaning performance. This too, is packed with features than cannot go unnoticed. Having said so, have a look at what this cleaner features and how this excels in every possible aspect.
- DESIGN: This pool cleaner has three wheels that ensure smooth mobility. This isn’t a heavy pool cleaner and is also compact. This ultimately implies that it won’t take up much space while storing and also when you want to carry or transport it from one place to another, it won’t be an issue. With such a compact and rugged design, all that you can achieve is maximum cleaning performance.
- OPERATION: In order to get started with the cleaning, you’ll have to get a booster pump for the same. This is sold separately. However, this isn’t an issue at all as the Polaris pressure pumps are designed in such a manner that you’re bound to achieve optimum cleaning efficiency.
- CLEANING PERFORMANCE: Polaris Vac-Sweep 380 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner is powered by three jets that make the entire process of sweeping, scrubbing and vacuuming the pool super easy and hassle-free. You can stay assured of a continuous cleaning performance as this cleaner is equipped with an in-line back-up valve that comes in handy when the cleaner gets stuck at certain places in the pool. This feature frees the cleaner in no time, thus paving the way for continuous cleaning.
- CLEANING COVERAGE: With this cleaner, you can get the bottom, walls, and steps of your pool cleaned in a maximum of 3 hours, depending on the size and shape of your pool. This pressure-side pool cleaner claims to clean pools of all shapes and sizes, without you having to worry about whether this would be the right choice for your pool or not. This is, without a doubt, an excellent pool cleaner for it can climb walls and maneuver over stairs, thereby trapping all the debris seamlessly.
- FILTRATION: Who wouldn’t think of the filtration system while buying a pool cleaner? The Polaris Vac-Sweep 380 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner comes with a large single chamber filter bag that is known to capture the all the debris from your pool. Also, this filter bag is unique in its own way. It removes debris before it reaches the pump basket or filter. This ultimately ensures that the life of the cleaner’s filtration system is increased. This is because the operation is such that the work load of the filtration system is reduced by as much as 80%.
- WATER CIRCULATION: This pool cleaner is known to offer maximum water circulation. Wondering how? Well, it distributes the heated water to the deepest parts of the pool.
POLARIS F9550 SPORT ROBOTIC IN-GROUND POOL CLEANER
This surely has to be one of those pool cleaners that you might have heard a lot about. Needless to say, this pool cleaner is most sought after because of the features and excellent cleaning experience it promises to offer. Should that interest you, keep reading to know about this in-ground pool cleaner in detail.
- FILTER: Polaris F9550 Sport robotic pool cleaner is equipped with a top-loading large capacity filter canister that efficiently traps and collects all the dirt, leaves, insects, acorns, hair, etc. What is even more interesting is that the canister is super easy to clean. Wondering how? By just shaking and spraying, the debris can be removed from the filter. Well, the filter features don’t end here. There’s more to it. This pool cleaner comes with an indicator that notifies the user that the filter is dirty and needs to be cleaned to proceed further.
- BRUSHES: How good the brushes are talk a lot about the end result obtained. You have absolutely nothing to worry about when talking about Polaris F9550 Sport robotic pool cleaner. This is because it has two rubber bladed brush rollers that employ ‘Vortex Vacuum Technology’. This technology makes it possible for the cleaner to capture debris that is 4 times of what other pool cleaners are capable of capturing. Additionally, this pool cleaner is capable of waterline scrubbing as well. How amazing is that?
- DESIGN: This pool cleaner comes with a 4-wheel drive technology. This ensures that the Aqua-Trax tires clean the floor and wall exceptionally well. Though a little on the heavier side, the maintenance is still something that doesn’t bother much.
- POOL TYPE AND SIZE: Polaris F9550 Sport robotic pool cleaner is suitable for pools of size up to 60 feet and no matter what surface type your pool is – be it Gunite, tile, plaster, etc., this pool cleaner will do its job without any objection.
- PROPULSION: Dealing with those tight corners and stairs won’t bother you anymore. This is because this in-ground pool cleaner exhibits a rear water propulsion system that propels the robot to forward. With this, the debris hidden under the stairs and tight corners is trapped effortlessly.
- PROGRAMMABLE TIMER: Polaris F9550 sport robotic pool cleaner has an in-built 7-day programmable timer that allows the user to customize the cleaning cycles. This feature is no less than a saviour as the fast paced life has got us busy beyond imagination. So, by just setting the cleaner to clean the pool as per your requirement will get your job done.
- REMOTE CONTROL: What better than being able to operate the cleaner using a remote? This is exactly where this robotic pool cleaner has an edge over the other pressure-side pool cleaners. In addition to this, this cleaner also allows motion sensing.
- NAVIGATION: This is yet another feature that sets this robotic pool cleaner apart. It boasts of an “ActivMotion Sensor Technology” that assures the user of an unmatchable navigation. With this feature, it is possible to control the position of the robot automatically at any instant and ensure complete cleaning coverage.
- EASY LIFT SYSTEM: Another unique feature that you wouldn’t find in any of the above mentioned pool cleaners is the easy lift system. With this feature, the process of retrieving the robot becomes easy. For this, you’ll have to press and hold the “lift system” button. This will enable the cleaner to turn counter-clockwise. As you find the robot facing the wall from where you want to retrieve it, release the button. Following this, the robot will climb the wall and wait at the waterline until you remove it.
Polaris is surely that one brand which is recognized worldwide for its exceptional pool cleaners. Ruling the industry for over 40 years now, the brand hasn’t compromised on the quality delivered. With that being said, all the pool cleaners mentioned above are totally worth investing in and deliver results just as expected. If looking for vacuuming your pool then the pressure-side pool cleaners will work wonders and if the objective is to clean every inch of your pool, then F9550 robotic pool cleaner will totally live up to your expectations. A close attention to how the model works, what are the features offered, how durable and reliable it is, what is the type of your pool, what are your requirements, etc. can help decide which pool cleaner to go for.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are pressure-side pool cleaners?
There are mainly 4 types of pool cleaners out of which pressure-side pool cleaner is one type. A pressure-side pool cleaner would attach to the filter of the pool and use the pump to create high-pressurized water. It is because of this pressure that the cleaner moves and sucks the debris from every inch of the pool.
- In what cases do the pressure-side pool cleaners work the best?
These pool cleaners are suitable for large debris and not a great option to go for in case you’re looking for fine dirt particles to be targeted.
- My Polaris pool cleaner is sluggish and runs at less power than normal. What to do?
In such a case, checking on a few things might help resolve the issue. Ensure that the skimmer basket, filter screen, pool filter and pump basket are all clean. One can also check the RPM of the wheels. Lastly, pay close attention to all of the hoses, connections, and swivels for leaks.
- How to check whether the back-up valve is functioning properly or not?
A back-up valve is critical as it ensures that the cleaner doesn’t get stuck at the corners while cleaning. Hence, ensuring that it functions well is the right way to proceed. What you could do here is just hold the back-up valve and see whether it cycles on and off, all this to be done out of the water. Note the time required in completing a cycle. Ideally, it should take about 3 minutes. If the time varies way too much in your case, then the better option is to go for replacement.
- What to do when the hose tangles or gets coiled?
The first thing to do would be to check whether the swivels are spinning freely or not. Also, one can choose to lay the hose in the sun for 24 hours for improved performance.
- How to adjust the feed hose to fit the pool?
Usually, two situations would arise. One is where the hose is too long. In such a case, cut the excess length from first hose section and reconnect hose sections. The other case, obviously would be that the hose is too short. What you can do here is buy an additional hose section and add to first hose section.
- What is the maintenance in case of a pressure-side pool cleaner?
Maintenance aspect of the pool cleaner revolves around the following areas –
- Cleaning the filter bag: Ultimately, it’s the filter bag that collects all the dirt, debris, leaves, etc. Hence, cleaning this on a regular basis will result in better cleaning performance. There are certain steps to be followed here. The first step would be to detach the bag. This can be done by releasing the prongs and removing the bag tie collar from the feed hose. After doing so, simply open the closure and remove the debris.
Few points worth noting are – empty the bag when it is half full (especially when there’s sand in it) and also removing the debris when dry would be a lot easier to handle.
- Backwashing the pool filter: This is yet another aspect of maintenance which is crucial yet ignored by many. To proceed with this, first make sure that the Polaris is disconnected from the pool wall. After cleaning or backwashing, it is advised to let the filtration system run for at least five minutes as this would flush out the return lines before re-connecting the Polaris.
- Winterizing and storage: Next up is how to store and also how to deal with the winterization aspect of maintenance. For storing, it is always better to keep away from direct sunlight, fog, etc. Storing it indoors is probably the best idea. Caddy makes the entire process of storage better. Also, when storing the pool cleaner during winter, extra care and attention is required. Release the entire water and proceed with further steps as mentioned in the user manual.
- What to do when the Polaris turns in one direction only?
In such a situation, start by adjusting the thrust jet. Then check whether the end of the hose that connects to the Polaris has a curve to it. Make sure that it aligns with the curve of the feed pipe. Another area that requires attention is the swivel. See to it that the swivel on the feed pipe turns freely. Lastly, ensure feed hose is floating.
The above stated solutions would most probably solve the issue you’re facing. If after all of this, the problem still remains then consult an expert.
- What is the ideal rotation for the wheels in case of pressure-side pool cleaners?
Ideally, 28 to 34 rpm is the range.
- What to do if the sweep hose is stuck into the vacuum tube?
If such a situation occurs then either of the two solutions could help as per the problem faced. Firstly, ensure that the opening at the end of the sweep hose is not blocked by the sweep hose scrubber. The second option would be to sweep hose to a gentle sweeping motion.
- What is the life span of a robotic pool cleaner?
One can expect the pool cleaner to last a minimum of 4 to 5 years, though this entirely depends on the usage. Rough usage might give just 2 years of life span and proper care and maintenance could give a life span of over 8 years also.
- What to do if the robotic pool cleaner is not sinking in the water to do its job?
If your robotic pool cleaner is not delivering the desired results by not sinking completely in the pool, then one solution that might help is to ensure that the brushes are well-soaked in the water. Despite this, if the problem still persists then the brushes might need a replacement. Contact a professional to know what could be the issue and to solve it the best way.
- The cleaner is just tipping over. What should be done in such a case?
The first and foremost thing would be to check whether the wheels of the cleaner are in the required range, which is 28 rpm to 34 rpm. Another point to note is that the head float is not filled with water. If the issue isn’t resolved even after verifying the above two, then try running the pool cleaner without the filter bag. If on doing so, the problem is fixed then clean the bag with soap and warm water. This will get rid of all the biofilm/oils that may have accumulated in the bag.
Watch the Video till End
Top 10 Trending Articles